What is the first thing to see in Canada? The main attractions of the second largest country. How to spend a vacation in Canada at any time of the year?
Why do so many tourists come to Canada?
Canada is the second largest country in the world, second only to Russia in size. Most of the country is reserved for national reserves, where you can enjoy the unusual, original nature, watch wild animals in their usual habitat and understand how beautiful the nature of our planet is. If you want to get the most out of this trip, please contact the countryhelper.com. Here you can find unusual routes and valuable tips and spend an unforgettable vacation.
As already mentioned, Canada has a considerable number of national parks, so here you can see a massive number of natural attractions:
- Niagara Falls is one of the wonders of the world. In translation, the name means “rumbling water.” It is not surprising because this is one of the loudest waterfalls in the world. It is on the border between Canada and the USA. It is worth seeing at least once in your life.
- The Great Lakes are a group of freshwater lakes that include 5 incredibly beautiful reservoirs. They were formed during the last ice age and look outwardly like a human foot has never set foot here. They have the largest supply of freshwater on Earth. Rivers connect these lakes, so the water between them is constantly moving, as in communicating vessels. The country’s government closely monitors the cleanliness of these reservoirs, which costs a lot of money.
- Banff National Park. If you enter the phrase “Canada photo” into a search engine, you will most likely find photographs of this national park in the list of first pictures. It is the most prominent attraction in the country, where you will find mountains, pristine lakes, and forests. Glacial Moraine Lake can be safely included in the top 10 most beautiful natural attractions on our planet. In addition, this national park has many sulfur springs where you can quickly improve your health. Many people come to this national park to see animals in the wild (bears, moose, cougars, and many others). The animals here are accustomed to people’s attention, so they will not attack, but you still need to be careful and follow the safety rules.
- Johnson Strait is worth a visit for those who want to see killer whales in the wild. Here they hunt and play. You can watch them from the shore or order a motorboat to get closer. In addition, there are very high waves in this strait, which attracts surfers from all over the world.
As you understand, Canada has a very developed fauna, so there are several prominent zoos where you can get acquainted with wild animals. If you plan a trip with children, you should visit them. Today we want to discuss 2 large zoos that deserve your attention.
Zoo in Toronto
It is one of the largest zoos in the world; here, they try to keep animals in conditions that are as similar as possible to those they are used to in wildlife. Here you will see more than 5 thousand representatives of the fauna, and the total length of the paths is more than 10 kilometers. There are unique zoo-mobiles to make it easier for you to move around here.
A visit to such a zoo brings maximum pleasure to both children and adults.
It is one of the largest and oldest aquariums in the country. The exhibitions here are divided into topics dedicated to the underwater world. Here you can enjoy dolphins, sharks, and seals. It contains more than three hundred species of fish, about 55 amphibians, and thousands of invertebrates. In addition, this institution’s specialists are engaged in studying marine life and rehabilitating marine animals that need medical care.
The state does not fund this aquarium, and it can support itself thanks to a large flow of tourists and donations.
Even though this is a huge aquarium, you can come here with your children, and there are small play areas where the kids can relax.
Unfortunately, Canada has long been an English and French colony, which could have invested more money in developing this region and constructing architectural sights. However, over the past few decades, the country has seen a considerable number of modern architectural marvels:
- Royal Ontario Museum (Toronto)
- Capilano Suspension Bridge (Vancouver)
- Underground city (Montreal)
- National Gallery of Canada (Ottawa)
- Habitat 67 (Montreal) and many others.
Architecturally large cities in Canada are very similar to American ones. Filming in New York is very expensive, so many directors choose Toronto. The identical skyscrapers, signs, traffic lights, school buses, and more are here. Even an area plays Time Square in the movies – Dundas Square. In addition, there is a ban on filming at Harvard, so in many films, this role is played by the University of Toronto.
But Toronto’s main attraction is the CN Tower, the tallest Western Hemisphere building.
In general, the Canadian government strives to do everything to make people feel comfortable living in this country. Still, at the same time, they do not seek to build significant architectural landmarks here, focusing on natural attractions for tourism development.
In the end
Canada is a beautiful country with a freezing climate, so it’s worth coming here in the summer if you don’t want to be sick and cold all the time. However, if you love ski resorts, you can enjoy them to the fullest in winter in Canada.